If you hate hiding your smile because of missing teeth, we have the perfect option for you. We understand how important it is to look good and feel good. Dental implants can replace your missing teeth and give you a new found sense of confidence about your smile. At Chicago Veneers, we offer dental implants to replace your missing teeth and give you a smile you’ll want to show off!
Dental implants are posts or frames that your dentist surgically inserts into your jawbone to replace the root of your tooth. Your dentist can then affix a replacement tooth on top of the implant(s), providing a stable base for an artificial tooth. Dental implants are an alternative to bridges and dentures for people who have suffered tooth loss from things such as injury, tooth loss as a result of tooth decay, or tooth loss as a result of periodontal disease (gum disease).
Why You Should Replace Missing Teeth
- Missing teeth affect your ability to chew and speak.
- The space left by missing teeth can cause your surrounding teeth to shift into the open space which can change your bite. These changes can also make you more susceptible to tooth decay and infection because they can make your teeth more difficult to clean.
- A missing tooth can also cause your face to sag because your jaw and facial muscles will not be supported in the same way that they used to.
- In some cases, you can experience bone loss in the area surrounding the missing tooth.
How Does Dental Implant Surgery Work?
Dental implant surgery generally happens in two sessions. During the first surgery, your dentist will place the implants into your jawbone. After this, your jawbone and the implants will undergo a process called osteointegration wherein the implant will fuse to your jawbone. This process generally takes between 6-8 weeks. After your implants have fused to your jawbone, your dentist will attach abutments to the implants that serve as anchors for the replacement tooth.
Benefits of Dental Implants:
- Dental implants are designed to look, feel, and function like natural teeth.
- Since the dental implant fuses with your bone, the discomfort of dentures is not a problem.
- With proper care, dental implants will last many years, and, in some cases, they can last the rest of your life.
- Dental Implants prevent further bone loss and help retain the shape and appearance of your face.
- Unlike bridges and dentures, dental implants are permanent and more stable.
- Unlike tooth-supported bridges, dental implants don’t require any enamel to be worn down on any of the surrounding teeth.
Types of Prosthesis:
- Single: A single implant, or crown, will be designed specifically to blend in with your natural teeth.
- Multiple: If you are replacing multiple teeth, your dentist will make and permanently affix dentures or a customized bridge to the implants.
- All Teeth: If you are replacing all of your teeth, your dentist will use an implant-supported bridge or full dentures.
During an initial appointment, your dentist at Chicago Veneers will work closely with you to develop a personalized treatment plan to ensure that you get the care you deserve. You will have the opportunity to ask any questions you have about the surgery and the recovery time during your appointment. Our expert dental team is dedicated to making you feel at ease about your procedure and helping you feel good about yourself and your smile.
You don’t have to live with a smile you hate. We understand how important it is to look and feel good. At Chicago Veneers, we are devoted to helping you achieve just that. We’ll give you a smile you’ll want to show off!
If you want to know more about how dental implants can give you the smile you really want and the functionality you really need, call our office today at (312) 435-0411 to schedule your appointment or request an appointment online.