If you hate hiding your smile because of missing teeth, we have the perfect option for you. We understand how important it is to look good and feel good. Dental implants can replace your missing teeth and give you a new found sense of confidence about your smile. At Chicago Veneers, we offer dental implants to replace your missing teeth and give you a smile you’ll want to show off!
Dental implants are posts or frames that your dentist surgically inserts into your jawbone to replace the root of your tooth. Your dentist can then affix a replacement tooth on top of the implant(s), providing a stable base for an artificial tooth. Dental implants are an alternative to bridges and dentures for people who have suffered tooth loss from things such as injury, tooth loss as a result of tooth decay, or tooth loss as a result of periodontal disease (gum disease).
Why You Should Replace Missing Teeth
- Missing teeth affect your ability to chew and speak.
- The space left by missing teeth can cause your surrounding teeth to shift into the open space which can change your bite. These changes can also make you more susceptible to tooth decay and infection because they can make your teeth more difficult to clean.
- A missing tooth can also cause your face to sag because your jaw and facial muscles will not be supported in the same way that they used to.
- In some cases, you can experience bone loss in the area surrounding the missing tooth.
How Does Dental Implant Surgery Work?
Dental implant surgery generally happens in two sessions. During the first surgery, your dentist will place the implants into your jawbone. After this, your jawbone and the implants will undergo a process called osteointegration wherein the implant will fuse to your jawbone. This process generally takes between 6-8 weeks. After your implants have fused to your jawbone, your dentist will attach abutments to the implants that serve as anchors for the replacement tooth.
Benefits of Dental Implants:
- Dental implants are designed to look, feel, and function like natural teeth.
- Since the dental implant fuses with your bone, the discomfort of dentures is not a problem.
- With proper care, dental implants will last many years, and, in some cases, they can last the rest of your life.
- Dental Implants prevent further bone loss and help retain the shape and appearance of your face.
- Unlike bridges and dentures, dental implants are permanent and more stable.
- Unlike tooth-supported bridges, dental implants don’t require any enamel to be worn down on any of the surrounding teeth.
Number of Sessions
Dental implants are applied in three sessions on average. In the first session, a patient’s measurements are taken to create an implant that is perfectly matched to the patient’s jaw so that it fits well and will stay securely in place.
During the next two appointments, multiple sections of the implant are installed. This process happens in separate sessions to make sure each piece of the implant is securely in place before the next piece is added on.
Without a session dedicated to measurement, any implant inserted into the jaw will not fit correctly, coming loose or feeling very painful when being used to bite or chew food. Pausing in between treatments also allows the patients to heal before the next procedure so that there is no unnecessary damage done or pain caused.
Types of Prosthesis:
- Single: A single implant, or crown, will be designed specifically to blend in with your natural teeth.
- Multiple: If you are replacing multiple teeth, your dentist will make and permanently affix dentures or a customized bridge to the implants.
- All Teeth: If you are replacing all of your teeth, your dentist will use an implant-supported bridge or full dentures.
During an initial appointment, your dentist at Chicago Veneers will work closely with you to develop a personalized treatment plan to ensure that you get the care you deserve. You will have the opportunity to ask any questions you have about the surgery and the recovery time during your appointment. Our expert dental team is dedicated to making you feel at ease about your procedure and helping you feel good about yourself and your smile.
You don’t have to live with a smile you hate. We understand how important it is to look and feel good. At Chicago Veneers, we are devoted to helping you achieve just that. We’ll give you a smile you’ll want to show off!
If you want to know more about how dental implants can give you the smile you really want and the functionality you really need, call our office today at (312) 435-0411 to schedule your appointment or request an appointment online.
Taking pictures is stressful when you hide your smile. Dr. Ema expertly applies different dental veneers for smiles her patients love!
Dental implants are dental technology used to restore a patient’s ability to bite and chew, as well as to improve the appearance of teeth.
For those with misaligned or uneven teeth, dental veneers may be the solution you’ve been seeking to reclaim your beautiful smile.
Many online and department stores carry charcoal toothpaste, but using charcoal is harmful to your dental and oral health.
February 14th is Valentine’s Day, a day for sweet treats, but it’s important to keep your teeth healthy and clean after taking a bite.
Discoloration in the teeth can be a blow to your self-esteem and make it hard to feel confident when you smile. When daily brushing isn’t enough to keep your teeth shining bright, it can also be frustrating. But although there are many causes of discoloration, Dr. Ema...
TMJ, or temporomandibular joints are jaw muscles used daily which may cause jaw pain and headaches if the joints or muscles become sore.
When we think of dental health, what comes to mind? Most likely brushing and flossing, and the occasional trip to the dentist for a cleaning or to fill a cavity. In some more serious cases, a person’s dental health involves the removal of wisdom teeth or to have a crown placed over a broken tooth.
If you’ve ever woken up with jaw pain, sensitive teeth persisting throughout the day, and a prolonged feeling of exhaustion due to disrupted sleep during the night, a night guard may be the solution to these problems. Night guards offer teeth protection throughout the...
(312) 435-0411 | DirectionsDentures are a great idea for any patient suffering from extreme tooth decay or tooth loss. It’s important to replace teeth once they are lost because the bone and nerves under the tooth become susceptible to harmful bacteria. Although...
Patients Sample of Implants
At Chicago Veneers, you don’t need insurance to get the dental care you need at a price you can afford! Our membership program is designed to give you access to customizable dental care without paying for anything you don’t use.
Our Membership plan includes the following benefits:
TWO (2) exams including all x-rays and two preventative cleanings
10% off periodontal scaling & root planing
10% off the standard price of other work (e.g. veneers, implants, bridges, crowns and whitening)
Everything listed in the Membership Plan plus:
TWO (2) exams including all x-rays and two cleanings
PLUS one in-office whitening per year
Free tube of whitening gel 2x/year?
10% off all other standard other work (e.g. veneers, implants, bridges, crowns, and whitening)
*If ineligible for whitening, you will receive a $300 credit toward any cosmetic procedure (e.g. veneers, bonding, or Invisalign)
You can upgrade your plan within 30 days by simply paying the difference. If you need to sign up for a VIP Cosmetic Membership Plan or upgrade your current plan, come talk to us today. Your savings are waiting!